14.11.05

Week Two of Freestyle

So today was the first day that I actually made it through CBC's Freestyle. I 'm proud of myself and especially proud of the CBC. I'm not going to say that it was an excellent show and I certainly won't say that it is up to CBC standards at least not previous standards. But it has gotten better.

The music selection has gotten to be more like what I would expect from the CBC. I actually heard bands like Vancouver's Oh Suzanne and Carrie Lee, along with the new Daniel Powder song Free loop. I'll take that anytime, but I could still do with less of the 80's/90's mix of Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Ballad of Peterpumpkin head. More good New Canadian stuff and you can just scrap the other stuff. It is tired and needs to be let go.

Kelly and Cameron bother me. I don't know what it is but the two of them don't work. I think this is the greatest of my aggravations. The banter between them is forced and contrived. everything that comes out of their mouths is very disjointed and has nothing to do with the rest of the segments the are trying to get through. I have found Camerson to be rude and I just don't know what happened to Kelly. I feel sorry for her. I wonder if this fluffy personality is actually what she is like or if it is something that she is trying on? I know that she has had many intelligent moments in her carrier but hosting Freestyle is proving to not be one of those moments.

Oh I would like to give a kudos to Jian Ghomeshi!! The National Playlist ROCKS!!

http://www.cbc.ca/nationalplaylist/

No comments: